Purchasing your home could be the biggest financial investment you make in your life. After saving up many years for a down payment – one of the best feelings in the world is finally getting your keys to your first home. However, homeownership shouldn’t end here – it is just as important to add value to your property once you’ve moved in. One great way to accomplish this is through installing high-quality window shutters.
Many realtors point to high-quality shutters as one of the many incentivizing selling features to purchasing a property. Shutters extend a true sense of homeliness, offering both style and functionality to the exterior of your home.
Benefits of Window Shutters Include
Protection against UV damage
- Shutters with louvres that can be angled allow for a specified amount of light to enter the room; adjusting the louvres can direct light away from light-sensitive furniture items and flooring – protecting them from the sun’s harmful rays can prolong the longevity of these items
- Closed shutters also offer proficient sound and heat insulation allowing for energy-saving’s die to heat insulation in the colder months
An upscale look to your home’s interior
- Regardless of whether you decide to install interior or exterior shutters, you are able to tailor-make them to compliment the overall style of your home in a timeless way.
- Interior shutters allow for an extra appeal factor for future prospective buyers, generally shutters improve the overall curb appeal and resale value
Maximize Privacy and Openness
- Closing shutters maximizes privacy through covering the entire window; when you adjust the louvres you are still able to allow light in without forgoing privacy as it is more difficult for people to see inside your home
California Shutters customizes and manufactures shutters for homes in Toronto and across the GTA. We produce high-quality wooden shutters that are as practical as they are stylish. Our design and installation process ensure quality across the harshest of Canadian winters for many years while also offering unique curb appeal to your property.